diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo batteries clearing US customs. Issues?

owen69420

I am going to buy a system from overseas. Is there an issue with lithium batteries being held up by US customs?

I've never had any problems with things from China clearing customs. That's not to say that it doesn't happen, but for personal amounts of cells, I would bet that they will get through.

I am going to buy a system from overseas. Is there an issue with lithium batteries being held up by US customs?
Depending on the shipping terms you may have to be duties and tax.
Is that what you are asking about?

Joey, no.

the contact was suggesting that I buy lead acid v. lithium. stated that uUS customs considered Li to be a "hazardous" or dangerous product and would/may cause trouble.
sounds like a salesman pointing to the better product for his commission, based on what I can discover. Thanks.

Joey, no.

the contact was suggesting that I buy lead acid v. lithium. stated that uUS customs considered Li to be a "hazardous" or dangerous product and would/may cause trouble.
sounds like a salesman pointing to the better product for his commission, based on what I can discover. Thanks.
LFP is a popular chemistry and it is safer then the "explody" lithium varieties but it is still dangerous.

Back