diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo Battery recommendations in Australia

Shenzhen Xuba on Alibaba. Three orders without issue. Unlike the US we don't have any vendor keeping local stock.
May I ask, how did you manage import duty? More specifically:
  • was your shipment held by custom?
  • how much did you have to pay?
  • how difficult was the process?
Thank you :)

Ordered in 2020, 2021, & 2022 so all during covid. First 2 orders had no duty as below $1000 threshold but that no longer applies. Duty is paid on everything. Also not valid to compare orices as exchange rate varies every time.

For 202Ah I paid US$73.5ea + duty + $145 for freight si US$733 total. This was start of May and ports were shutdown so didn't expect to see batteries for 3-4 months. Ended up getting them in 6 weeks!

I've never had issues with alibaba although have only bought batteries and inverters there.

I would expect to be paying the custom's agent the standard 10% GST on the stated good's value in order to have them cleared for local delivery. At least that what I am expecting when my batteries arrive in the country.

Their prices must be low for a reason. Has anyone pulled their units apart to see why?
I've been looking at this product (for an organisation looking for something a bit posher than my battery) They are offering an assembled battery in a nice metal box (with wheels) for less than I paid for my raw cells. But the product warranty is only 2 years. They are predicting 3000cycles @25°C and @DOD80%, which is less that EVE. And 25°C will be a tall ask during an Australian Summer.

I've been looking at this product (for an organisation looking for something a bit posher than my battery) They are offering an assembled battery in a nice metal box (with wheels) for less than I paid for my raw cells. But the product warranty is only 2 years. They are predicting 3000cycles @25°C and @DOD80%, which is less that EVE. And 25°C will be a tall ask during an Australian Summer.
I really tempted to buy one of those batteries from Greenbank, it is quite cheaper than buying cells from china and doing a DIY job. also noticed they are rated output around <=80A.

I haven't seen anybody use these batteries in AUS yet.

I really tempted to buy one of those batteries from Greenbank, it is quite cheaper than buying cells from china and doing a DIY job. also noticed they are rated output around <=80A.
The red flag for me is the difference between the stated installed and useable capacity. 15 kWh battery, 12.8 kWh useable. That's 85% of capacity rated as useable.

It just sounds like the battery cells they are using are already low grade/used cells. Else why de-rate them by so much?

If you don't expect them to be worked hard or need a big cycle count then I guess they will be fine.

I just bought 2 24 volt 7.5kwh Greenbank battery's and could only get to 27.9 volt before battery would turn off.
So i pulled the cover off to investigate. I have pics but don't know how to upload them. Highest cell is 3.56, lowest is 3.34.
Bms is unbranded. Battery's have a terminal on each end and have a BYD sticker on them.

Looks like a cell probably hit 3.65V and triggered over volt protection. I would try and connect an active balancer. I only charge to ~28V so you are not far off. Just don't want the BMS tripping all the time.

There is an "Attach files" button below this box when adding a reply.

Back