diy solar

diy solar

LiFePO4 Battery Settings for PoWMr 5500w AiO Inverter

oldcartographer

Hello! I am a new member here and to off-grid/solar power systems as well. I have a PowMr 5500w AiO Inverter (POW-HVM5.5K-48V) and a Delong 48v 100Ah battery bank. I don't have solar panels yet, but I am planning to add them soon. I used this guide (https://diysolarforum.com/ewr-carta/lfpprofile/) to set some of the settings for my battery but I am not quite sure about settings 12, 13, and 29 (Please see below).

I have set the following settings in my inverter:

05 (Battery type): User defined
11 (Max. Utility charging current): 20A
12 (Voltage point back to utility): ?
13 (Voltage point back to battery): FUL (battery fully charged)

16 (Charger source priority): CUE (Utility first)
26 (Bulk charging voltage): 58V
27 (Float charging voltage): 54.4V
29 (Low DC cut-off voltage): ?

My battery specification is this:

2023-03-08_002612.png

I understand that the battery can handle a higher charging current than what I have right now but the current setting is sufficient for my use case. If anyone could guide me on setting the correct values for settings 12, 13, and 29, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Are you running your grid power through your inverter? Settings 12/13 tell the inverter when to stop using the battery and when to re-engage the battery. For instance setting 12 at 50v would mean when the battery is drained to 50v, the inverter will stop using battery power and switch over to grid (utility) power. Setting 13 tells the inverter when to stop using the grid and to start drawing from the battery again.

It’s kind of personal preference as to how you want to set them. Do you want to drain the battery to 50% or 20% before you stop draining it? And do you want to re-engage when it’s full or at 80%. Depends of what kind of cycles you want to run your battery at.

Setting 29 is when the inverter will stop using the battery completely so as not to drain it too much. This would more be used if you are off-grid because otherwise setting 12 would be your “cutoff”. For 29 you can probably start with something like 47v and lower it if needed to 45v.

One thing I don’t understand about the chart you posted is why the charging voltage and discharging voltage each have 2 sets of numbers. Is this ment that the 2 models on the left use the set of numbers on the left? If so, maybe your Bulk is set too high?

Last edited:
Back