diy solar

diy solar

lifepo4 increase voltage while driving

workbox

Hi

I was camping for a day and voltage of lifepo4 was 13.09 when start driving victron shunt shown 13.13 and voltage remain at that figure for the rest of the day.

Any explanation to that kind of behaviour? Nothing was connected to battery except victron shunt.

Can you explain your system in more detail?

How were you getting power from the vehicle to the battery? The amperage from most tow vehicles (pickup trucks, whatever) through the 7 pin cable is rarely rated for more than 30 amps and the real world amps are usually less than that.

I have 12v 200ah lifepo4 battery. No charger was connected. Just victron shunt when I start driving the voltage increase from 13.09 to 13.13 I suspect because of vehicle up and down movements?

I have 12v 200ah lifepo4 battery. No charger was connected. Just victron shunt when I start driving the voltage increase from 13.09 to 13.13 I suspect because of vehicle up and down movements?

Is the battery installed in an RV trailer? Is the battery tied into the trailer's 12v system?

Motion shouldn't change the voltage. If you checked the voltage when there was a draw and then later when there wasn't a draw, that would account for the voltage increase.

Single battery nothing connected except shunt. When I stop driving the voltage remains at the new figure of 13.13 for the last 12 hours. I guess vehicle movement shakes the battery?

Single battery nothing connected except shunt. When I stop driving the voltage remains at the new figure of 13.13 for the last 12 hours. I guess vehicle movement shakes the battery?

If that's the case, that is the first that I've heard of that observation. Next thing you know, there'll be a bunch of hernias reported on the forum from guys shaking their 100 lbs batteries.
Doh2.gif

I thought someone might have idea about it. But what I know is when my AA or AAA battery run out of power I would take it out of remote control, knock battery at the wall a few times and it works again for another few month.

Last edited:
I thought someone might have idea about it. But what I know is when my AA or AAA battery run out of power I would take it out of remote control, knock battery at the wall a few times and it works again for another few month.

Back