diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 marking

newts

Can someone identify theah rating of this cell.
The only marking shows
PO2 FAK06
AA 0362. This is supplied as a 130 ah cell
Allan

Well I have an interesting guess at least: I'm thinking the PO2 indicates that it's a lithium polymer pack, with the AA 0362 indicating that its capacity (or perhaps its internal construction) is equivalent to 62 AA cells presumably at a peak capacity of 3Ah. Thus: AA 03(Ah) x 62. Since AA cells are usually rated between 2 and 3 Ah, it would make sense that the pack as a whole is rated at 130Ah (figuring discharge of ~2.1Ah from each 3Ah cell to reach ~130Ah total).

No idea about the FAK06; the only reference I find to that particular combination is in defibrillator manuals and German battery publications...

It will be pleasing if you are correct, the performance of the battery suggests only 40ah .the BMS is only 45a charge and discharge ,I don't know if this affects this
Allan

It will be pleasing if you are correct, the performance of the battery suggests only 40ah .the BMS is only 45a charge and discharge ,I don't know if this affects this
Allan
Well, presumably this is a used pack (thus the remaining capacity is anyone's guess) and definitely one that came out of some other device entirely... which device may have required a 45A maximum charge/discharge rate and the BMS was set appropriately.
Then again, I could easily be entirely wrong about all of the above ?

...I guess my takeaway is, if it more or less works and you didn't pay much for it, call it a win :)

Good comment, I have decided to live with it . I've stripped the battery and the first thing I noted was the terminal corrosion , I will next polish terminals and look for a better way of fixing terminals. At the moment they are held on by silicone adhesive.
Allan

Back