diy solar

diy solar

LiFePo4 storage

chrisblessing

Greetings. I will be traveling abroad for the winter, returning in April. I have a DIY LiFePo4 pack in my camper. Nighttime temperatures through the coldest part of winter may reach as low as 15f/-9c, although daytime temperatures are likely to always be above freezing. Is it best to disconnect everything and store the battery in the house, or can I leave it as is, although with charging disabled?

Thanks for any and all replies.

lifepo4 has a low self discharge rate even considering the BMS (if you have one) will draw some current. IMO bring it up to 90% then disconnect the battery and leave it in situ. The low temperature won't be a problem as you won't be charging it at that point.

lifepo4 has a low self discharge rate even considering the BMS (if you have one) will draw some current. IMO bring it up to 90% then disconnect the battery and leave it in situ. The low temperature won't be a problem as you won't be charging it at that point.
Thanks gnubie for confirming what I had hoped. Cheers.

Store at 90%? Explain, please?

5 months at maximum expected self discharge of 3% / month results in approx 75% charge available when he walks in the door next April.

Back