diy solar

diy solar

LifePower 4 EG4 48v batteries settings

mtjag

I just finished swapping out some FLA batteries for 4 -Lifepower EG4 batteries in a server rack and all seems to be good. My questions are about the following: 1) what is the proper Absorb time for these? My other set of SimpliPhi batteries use a setting of 6 minutes. When I called Signature Solar about these EG4 batteries I was told to set the Absorb time to 2 hours! That seems like a long time for LiFePO4 batteries. 2) the Charging Current. shows the following: Max Constant Charge 100V (30A-50A Recommended). I tried 50A and could not get the 4 batteries to Absorb so I have it set a 75A. Thoughts on this? 3) I watched a Youtube video on these same batteries in a server rack and the presented said to connect the inverter cables in a X configuration....in other words, the positive at the top and the ground at the bottom to make sure all batteries are equally charged and discharged. What are your thoughts?

It's OK if you use 56.4V or less as the charge voltage, which is what they recommend for bulk charge.

If your system is set to 58.4V bulk, I would change it.

Back