diy solar

diy solar

Litime Lifepo4 12V 230Ah Plus voltage problem

Louisesu

Battery arrived 13.17v, after charge by 40a Lifepo4 charger for 4 hours, voltage down to 13.01v. (down not up!)
Contact support by email, response "
we recommend that you connect a 12V DC load to the battery to discharge it for 1 minute.
Then observe if the battery voltage drops from 12.7-13.0V and pops back up to 12.7-13.0V after 1 minutes of discharging. If it bounce to above 13.0V, then no need to recharge."

Connect inverter, load 1 min. voltage up to 13.27v. What's wrong? Why wrong voltage after full charge?

Thanks! In this case, there is no way to make my MPPT charger working correct?

Thanks! In this case, there is no way to make my MPPT charger working correct?
The issue with most chargers and MPPT controllers is that they need to detect voltage to begin charging. If your battery is off due to a protection fault, the charger won't be able to turn on. If you have a bench power supply, you can probably "jump" it to both wake the battery and get the charger/MPPT to begin charging.

What are you charging this with brand model & amperage?
Power queen lifepo4 battery charger 14.6v 40a new module. I use it charge other lifepo4 batterie, such as chins 300ah, no problem. Only this new litime 230ah has such problem.

The issue with most chargers and MPPT controllers is that they need to detect voltage to begin charging. If your battery is off due to a protection fault, the charger won't be able to turn on. If you have a bench power supply, you can probably "jump" it to both wake the battery and get the charger/MPPT to begin charging.
Thanks! In this case I better return it for refund, it just arrived few days.

Last edited:
The battery cells are likely unbalanced. They will balance after a few charge/discharge cycles.

Thanks! In this case I better return it for refund, it just arrived few days.
All batteries are going to work this way. Your charge controller should be programmed to a reasonable voltage that is near full-charge but does not trip the over-voltage protection. In the case of a brand new battery, it may not be perfectly balanced and you just need to cycle it several times (as mentioned above) and/or leave it sit on the charger for a few days. A better way to check what's going on is to get it charging again and watch it closely to see exactly what voltage it stops charging at.

Back