diy solar

diy solar

Looking for advice, doing a top balance after 2 years in storage (clean bus bars?)

Nice PDF file Read. Liked the Details. I have three 24v 280Ah Banks that need maintenance at the terminals. I have limited my LV2424 charge voltages to between 27.7v and 28v to stop the peaker cells from getting over 200mv diff. (got too many other projects on my plate for another top balance) ... From noticing signs of corrosion on one battery bank, I definitely will be cleaning all my terminal connects soon, plus adding some Ox Guard and copper washers (confirmed a post for a cheap copper washer kit from my local Harbor Freight) ... while upgrading to try out three Heltec Active Balancers (which I will dial in to only work at about 3.4v and above by wiring their on/off terminal links to a voltage sensing relay). ... I will then see how far I can up my charge voltage without peaker cells triggering my BMS now and then (with 28.2 v being OK for me). I also have one cell that drops voltage early on the low end. ... Looking for Dependable Low Maintenance Cycling of my Home Solar System Battery Banks, without BMS triggering. Thanks for the thread refresh info. here, ... plus this PDF.
Bill what type of voltage sensing relay are you planning on using?

I have 3 x5 Amp Heltec Active Balancers to hook up on 3 x 24v x 280 Ah LiFePO4 Battery Banks, and will then turn up charge voltage above my current 28.0 setting, to see if the peaker cells behave. I think cleaning all my battery terminal and connecting wires and cables, plus using inexpensive copper washers kit from my local Harbor Freight store will be part of my update. ... Wondering if anyone has tested this 10 A Heltec I just came across: (considering one for testing) ... 8S 10A Active Balancer:
for String: 4S-8S / Battery Type: Li ion Lifepo4 $35.52
Shipping (might be deal killer) Flat rate: $42.00

Back