diy solar

diy solar

Looking for comments on my solar layout.

WJG

I was looking for advice/critiques on my proposed solar layout. The wires from the batteries to the inverter are 2/0 gauge. The rest is either 6 gauge or 4 gauge.

Thanks
I appreciate any help.

Attachments

• Solar-Layout.pdf
    177.4 KB · Views: 16
If you have a negative bus bar, you might as well put in a positive bus bar.

You'll want a disconnect between the PV and the solar charge controller. Most of us are using a dual pole DC breaker.

The power from the solar charge controller should be going through the Class T fuse instead of directly to the battery.

The battery disconnect should be on the positive leg coming off of the battery.
Battery (positive) -> fuse -> Switch -> common bus bar (positive)

Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering about a disconnect between the PV and charge controller. What specs do you recommend for the dual pole DC breaker?

Amperage of the breaker needs to be 25% higher than the Isc of the panel configuration. A polarized breaker can be used in this position but a non-polarized breaker is easier to wire up.

I used a miniature breaker that installs on a DIN rail.

OK. I have 3 200W panels wired in series that the ISC is 10.2A per panel. Since they are wired in series a 15 amp breaker should work.

Thanks

I would avoid a breaker rated for both AC and DC. That breaker probably would work but I would be more comfortable with one that is a dedicated DC breaker.

Ahh. Got it. I found one that is 15 amp and DC only. Thanks so much for your help.

Back