diy solar

diy solar

Looking for new battery case

D308

Hello all,

Im going to rebuild my Lifepo4 12v100ah battery pack. My previous battery died and the company will not warrant it. I opened it up and found the BMS has failed due to moisture. I’ve ordered a new BMS and would like to find a new empty case for it as well. I found one on EBay buy they want almost 100.00 dollars after shipping. I can see them on Aliexpress for 46.00 dollars shipped but I’m not sure how long it will take with the current events.
I would like to buy something stateside but at a reasonable price.
Does anyone know of any suppliers here in the states?

Thanks..

Don.

Attachments

• 2B9614F0-A6A0-4245-B863-2EF38318D468.jpeg
    2B9614F0-A6A0-4245-B863-2EF38318D468.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 13
Just a thought, but I have a similar aluminium case 12v pack. I saw some plastic cases at Harbor Freight for around $16 with a tray to separate the bms. Something like their ammo cases. You might be able to make a Frankenstein case that will work.

Just a thought, but I have a similar aluminium case 12v pack. I saw some plastic cases at Harbor Freight for around $16 with a tray to separate the bms. Something like their ammo cases. You might be able to make a Frankenstein case that will work.
Thanks for that. I want to seal it up as best as I can. The last one failed due to moisture getting inside the case, causing condensation and shorting out the BMS. Talking to one of the other dealers he informed me it could have been caused by the filler ports on the top of the case were not sealed and allowed moist air to enter the case. I checked the ports and sure enough they were not sealed. They did have rubber caps that slid over the tops.
On the other hand, maybe it would be better to have a more open case to allow free airflow.

Thank You.

Don.

I feel your pain. My particular pack is to be a supply for a trolling motor and I assume no seal will be perfect so it has to be resistant to intrusions but accessible for removing moisture via ventilation or just a physical clean up. If you are stationary you can make a weep hole on the floor and a small fan on a timer which pipes air in periodically. You might also rebuild your old case and add a more effective top cover. Top mount terminals have always eventually been a problem for me.

Back