diy solar

diy solar

Looking for some info on Santan Solar used panels.

We recently ordered 10 Sharp panels from Santan. Santan told us the freight companies wouldn't come down our street, so we had to pick them up at the local freight terminal. That was fine, except they somehow routed it to a terminal two states over, who called and asked me when I was going to come pick them up. Once that was sorted an rerouted to our state, the new terminal somehow never got my phone number, so we weren't aware for almost a week that they had arrived. Interestingly, in the past couple weeks, we've seen two huge trailers with massive excavators come into our neighborhood, and in fact, every house on our street was actually driven to the site - by trailer (double-wide MFG houses). Oh well, the panels were packed very well, appear to be in excellent shape, and the price was far better than anything I can find elsewhere. And locally, forget it. The only solar panels I have seen anywhere near us (other than 100w panels at Harbor Freight) appear to be the used 240W Trinas from Santan. One of which I bought, for $100. So far, the highest output I've seen is around 195W, which I thought was actually not too bad.

We recently ordered 10 Sharp panels from Santan. Santan told us the freight companies wouldn't come down our street, so we had to pick them up at the local freight terminal. That was fine, except they somehow routed it to a terminal two states over, who called and asked me when I was going to come pick them up. Once that was sorted an rerouted to our state, the new terminal somehow never got my phone number, so we weren't aware for almost a week that they had arrived. Interestingly, in the past couple weeks, we've seen two huge trailers with massive excavators come into our neighborhood, and in fact, every house on our street was actually driven to the site - by trailer (double-wide MFG houses). Oh well, the panels were packed very well, appear to be in excellent shape, and the price was far better than anything I can find elsewhere. And locally, forget it. The only solar panels I have seen anywhere near us (other than 100w panels at Harbor Freight) appear to be the used 240W Trinas from Santan. One of which I bought, for $100. So far, the highest output I've seen is around 195W, which I thought was actually not too bad.
I've had good luck with the used Trina panels and have seen rated output when conditions are just right.

I've picked up two pallets of panels from a 'local' freight depot. The first had no damage, the second was clearly damaged from errant placement of the forklift's forks. Freight blamed it on the load slipping on the pallet due to improper loading of the pallet.

Back