diy solar

diy solar

Looking to upgrade

KolinCancer

i need a 120/240v 60hz all in one hybrid inverter and would like 8-12kw usa model. Im also looking for it to not need much user management after its set (Ive install a powmr 12 for a friend and am constantly having to fix it/ work on it). My eyes are on victron or solark but also like solar mpp but id really like for it to b a single inverter. Solark costs alot but is probably cheaper then victron after getting to 240v and all the addons. Ive only ever worked with the knockoff srne asf 12kw so im open to ideas

Victron does not offer a 120V or 120/240V AiO.

My system has been up since July of 2020.

I can remotely monitor and control it through VRM. I can remotely do firmware updates, change inverter and MPPT settings, etc. It just works.

Yes. I mess with it all the time (I enjoy tweaking things - mostly because of my custom battery and Batrium BMS), but it works fine when I leave it alone. Any failure to perform has either been due to external factors or incorrect configuration.

You can see my FRM via the "my VRM" link in my sig.

PowMr and basically no different than Growatt, MPPT Solar, etc., basically Voltronics designs.

Consider an EG4 18pv too, if you don't want to back feed, a 6000xp would work too...
And much much better than the voltronic/mpp solar/pwrmr's

This is not a hardware problem. People who need support should buy a supported system from a support provider.
Its a gen 1. Its very common for it to overcharge. And the issues with it randomly changing hertz on its own occasionally also isnt user error but i appreciate ur valuable input

i need a 120/240v 60hz all in one hybrid inverter and would like 8-12kw usa model. Im also looking for it to not need much user management after its set (Ive install a powmr 12 for a friend and am constantly having to fix it/ work on it). My eyes are on victron or solark but also like solar mpp but id really like for it to b a single inverter. Solark costs alot but is probably cheaper then victron after getting to 240v and all the addons. Ive only ever worked with the knockoff srne asf 12kw so im open to ideas
I think you would be happy going with sol-ark. They are really good units from what ive seen. I installed one in a family members house and its been trouble free and user friendly.

The 12k model price is down around $5300.
10 year warranty and 7 day/week support is hard to beat.

Personally, all the EG4 threads on here with people having trouble really turns me away from those.

Back