diy solar

diy solar

Lost

Dennis Marks

New old guy
Trying to find the best and most basic books on building a system the correct way. The very small system I built a few years ago was sheer luck it has worked. In trying to read the forums I realized I need somewhere simple to start. Cannot find a link to order forum creator’s book if it is basic enough for a true beginner. Thanks. I’ll be up to beginner status at some point. My first unit, which I use every day, was to power my Alexa music outside, charge my drill batteries, and power a small winch. All 12 gauge aluminum wire, $19 dollar controller, 300 watt inverter, 20ah lipo4 battery and a panel I have no idea where it came from. Trying to build a larger system to add power to my storage building. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Still too new as most threads find me totally lost. Thanks

Start with goals, not equipment.

What do you want to power first and what do you want to be able to expand to power later?

One big shortcut is to consider only 48v batteries and equipment. It's not always right for everybody but it usually is.

If you asked me blank without many details where to start I would say watch one of Will's hand truck builds on youtube.

Trying to find the best and most basic books on building a system the correct way. The very small system I built a few years ago was sheer luck it has worked. In trying to read the forums I realized I need somewhere simple to start. Cannot find a link to order forum creator’s book if it is basic enough for a true beginner. Thanks. I’ll be up to beginner status at some point. My first unit, which I use every day, was to power my Alexa music outside, charge my drill batteries, and power a small winch. All 12 gauge aluminum wire, $19 dollar controller, 300 watt inverter, 20ah lipo4 battery and a panel I have no idea where it came from. Trying to build a larger system to add power to my storage building. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated. Still too new as most threads find me totally lost. Thanks
Have you looked here? https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/

Back