diy solar

diy solar

Low current AC charging using inverter Generator

04lss

Hi All,

I have a Rich solar h3000, It has the ability to set the ac charging current as low as 1 amp. My system is a combination test bed and backup power system. Id like the ability to charge it more quickly than my small solar array can manage in the event of an outage.
I remember WIll talkign about generators damaging the AIO. My question is weather or not that still applies to high quality inverter generators. I have a honda EU 2200i.

I would likely set the AC charging to 20 amps, and let it combine with my 600 watt solar array. this would (on a sunny day) triple my charging speed and still let me run some other loads on my generator.

Alternatively, i have considered using my Bluetti ac180 and the 400 watt portable array to add to the charging speed a sort of cheat using the AC input to add more solar.

Both sources are pure sine wave, and both can easily mange 15 amps at 120.

If its not safe, ill save up and buy a chargeverter and go that route, but id prefer to avoid 400 bucks if I dont need to spend it.

honda EU 2200i.

I would likely set the AC charging to 20 amps
I don't think that means what you think it means, from the spec sheet;

AC Output120V 2200W max. (18.3A), 1800W rated (15A)

Start at 10, see how it does, and work your way up. You shouldn't need a ChargeVerter with a Honda EU generator.

I don't think that means what you think it means, from the spec sheet;

AC Output120V 2200W max. (18.3A), 1800W rated (15A)

Start at 10, see how it does, and work your way up. You shouldn't need a ChargeVerter with a Honda EU generator.
I think the manual lists all the charge voltages in DC in terms of output to the battery, but I will start very low and monitor the draw on the generator. Thanks for the input!

diy solar

diy solar
Back