diy solar

diy solar

LTO cells speed of charge?

JHigdon

I’m new here. A lot to read but my question is for the LTO cells. 40 to 55ah.
I’ve seen stuff about them not being Ideal for solar. I’m interested in knowing how fast they charge from a solar setup. I have an area in NC that sun pattern is very drastic. My thought is the LTO cells would charge faster than other battery cells. I’d like to know everyone else’s thought…

Very fast
Crazy fast
Don't remember what the c rate is, but it's way up there.

Please inform yourself INTENSE about LTO. The cell chemistry IS indeed great the problem is only the actual market situation. Nothing you buy for <700USD/kWh will be an unused cell. You will be tempted again and again to want to believe different and get told a lot by the sellers, exp. when importing on your own, but everything is a lie.

Its too much to tell for me for a short reply, and its actually all available for you if you invest a week or two into digging that topic.

The best cell available at the moment is rated for 60C Peak Discharge, 30C Continuous Dis/Charge, with 50.000 cycles at 1C/25°C. Do the math what this means in Minutes ;o)

Greets

Very fast
Crazy fast
Don't remember what the c rate is, but it's way up there.
up to 20C in some situations, really crazy. some even higher. full charge in minutes, not hours.

with LiFePO4, 0.5C is the speed limit i am used to. two hours for full charge minimum.

Back