diy solar

diy solar

LV5048 using Solar Assistant showed my 48 volt battery spike to 104 volts

I dont know if this is a glitch. As far as I know nothing shut off so I wonder about the 0 voltage. Even if it lost communication briefly you can see the 4/29 spike to 80 volts. I sent Solar Assistant an email as the more I look at it, it seems like a software glitch.
Email:
Sirs
I’m seeing grid voltage (No generator input) at the same time as my MPPT 2 spike to 10k even though the max available in a perfect world on those panels is 4.5k?
I update my software a week or so ago. I’m using a LV5048 which with your software has operated perfectly. The last 2 days though the solar assistant has showed my batteries spiking to over 80 volts after a few hours of 0 volts? I’m running the EG4 batteries from Signature Solar which have a high and low voltage disconnect. I’m concerned on what’s going on as the batteries didn’t disconnect. Is this a glitch or problem you’ve seen before. I’ve attached a screen shot.
chart02.jpgchart03.jpg

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem with sporadic readings, spiking utility to over 4 kWh. I've emailed SA, no response yet but it's only been a couple of days. Tried rebooting the device with no change.

I'm having the same problem with sporadic readings, spiking utility to over 4 kWh. I've emailed SA, no response yet but it's only been a couple of days. Tried rebooting the device with no change.
Got a response back on 5/2/22

Hi Ralph
I believe the latest beta will prevent invalid metrics like this show up in SolarAssistant: https://solar-assistant.io/help/updates/changelog
"Discard corrupted data when reading Voltronic inverters by improving CRC checking."
Kind regards
SolarAssistant

So I went over and opted for the beta. So far 3 updates. Looks stable now, no grid voltage spikes when none are input. I'm on Ver. 2022-05-09.

Got a response back on 5/2/22

Hi Ralph
I believe the latest beta will prevent invalid metrics like this show up in SolarAssistant: https://solar-assistant.io/help/updates/changelog
"Discard corrupted data when reading Voltronic inverters by improving CRC checking."
Kind regards
SolarAssistant

So I went over and opted for the beta. So far 3 updates. Looks stable now, no grid voltage spikes when none are input. I'm on Ver. 2022-05-09.
Thanks, I went in updated so hopefully?

Back