diy solar

diy solar

LVX 6048 WP is not receiving power from PV panels.

UrbanRancher

Hello all, I am connecting my LVX 6048 WP to an off grid home. I hooked everything up but I am not receiving any power from the solar panels. I did notice that the latches to the solar inputs were not clamping down at all. I flattened the wires and was able to make them hold. I was wondering if that would have something to do with my problem with them not generating power. Thanks in advanced!

Can you check the voltage coming the panels to the inverter? What size wire are you using for the inputs?

How many panels do you have and how are they wired, you are going to need to get your voltage in to the operating range of the inverter(120-550volts)

I have 5 250w panels and 7 80w panels. I did buy these panels used but checked to make sure they were still getting voltage. So it’s possible the actual panels are bad?

Another question. Even with low voltage, shouldn’t it show up on the inverter as some type of voltage? Or would low voltage make it read 0?

I will give this a shot. The inverter does have solar 1 and 2 and was wondering if not splitting them was an issue.
How are you wired currently?
As others have stated you need to hit the minimum voltage the mppt requires...
5s should get you there with the 250w panels.
What is the voc of the 80w and 250w panels?
I'm thinking 5s 250w to mppt 1 and 7s 80w to mppt 2 but need the voc to confirm.

Back