diy solar

diy solar

Malfunctioning BougeRV battery

GWV

I have a BougeRV battery BJ-18921 that I purchased ~2 months ago. When I connect it to any of my 2 inverters, the inverters immediately shut down and display an Error Code that states "over voltage". I contacted BougeRV and their response is below in Italic print. After 2 months BougeRV sent another e-mail basically stating => sorry, we can not fix the problem. I had my credit card company reverse the charges so I did not lose anything. So, my question is => is there some way to overcome this high voltage problem, maybe with the addition of some type of resistor/capacity circuitry ?? Otherwise I have a $650 useless battery sitting in my cellar.

Thanks for your kind attention. We attach importance to your case and discussed with our product team and supplier.

According to your feedback, our engineers re-tested the verification and found that the problem was mainly due to the overcharge protection of 15.5V in our battery. For safety reasons, I was worried that the customer used the wrong voltage to charge the battery during use or that the customer's controller failed. Charging the battery with a large voltage would cause the battery to be damaged, so we added this protection, but found the controller. In the process of adjusting the voltage, it is not a smooth step-down, and there is a voltage signal exceeding 15.5V for 20 ms, which causes our battery to capture this signal and start the protection.

This is due to some defects in our design. The battery has neglected the adaptability problem while increasing the safety protection. At present, the standards for this protection in the market, including Ampere batteries, are not as strict as ours, so they don't have the problem. This is not a product quality problem. We are now also optimizing the protection voltage to ensure the adaptability of the product under the premise of ensuring better safety protection. At present, we are already debugging the protection of the software, and we will give it to you immediately after the update.

Kindly contact us if have any further questions. Have a nice day. Dylan BougeRV service team

Have you measured the battery with a multimeter across the + and - terminals to verify what the actual resting voltage of the battery is?. Have you compared this value to the Inverter high voltage input limit?
Was the battery being charged by a solar charge controller or AC charger when you turned on the Inverter? If so, turn them off, check the battery voltage and try starting the inverter again but only if the input voltage is below 15V.

'BougeRV battery BJ-18921'
I could not find anything about 'BJ-18921' to see if there are any reviews or any issue out there.

Have you measured the battery with a multimeter across the + and - terminals to verify what the actual resting voltage of the battery is?. Have you compared this value to the Inverter high voltage input limit?
Was the battery being charged by a solar charge controller or AC charger when you turned on the Inverter? If so, turn them off, check the battery voltage and try starting the inverter again but only if the input voltage is below 15V.
Yes, "resting voltage" = 13.1 volts which is well within the parameters of both of my inverters. No, the battery was NOT being charged when I attached to the inverter.

Back