diy solar

diy solar

Lifepo4 battery or power bank

siesmatters

I am brand new to all this electric, including solar. We are converting a cargo trailer to a camper and want to use solar power for our hunting trips where we won't have access to power. I have looked at lots of LifePo4 solar power stations (Ecoflow, Bluetti, Oupse, BougeRV, Jackery) and I have looked at batteries, charge controllers, inverters and fuse setups. One thing I have not figured out, If I have a power station that matches the solar input for my panels(s), should I have the controller, inverter, battery setup, or could I skip that, connect it to my power station and then run the electrical in the trailer off of that, essentially then, connect the trailer to the power station as if plugging in at a campground. I guess I look at the price of batteries and the power station and wonder if I can get away with just the power station? Can it be that simple?

The all in one power stations are designed to do exactly what you want. They give you one box with everything inside and a power outlet for the camper.
But there are limitations on what they will run and if you have a problem, since it's all in one, you can't just swap out the bad component and get back running.

You should check out Will's videos on these devices, paying special attention to the latest videos, as they have changed a lot over the recent months.
Making sure the device you purchase will AUTOMATICALLY begin solar charging, after it's empty seems like it would be a primary purchase concern. Otherwise you'd need to be there to hit the button and turn it back on every time it's out of juice.

Back