diy solar

diy solar

Maximum Daily Energy Storage with Panels to the SE for next summer?

wade0000

Hello there Earthlings:

Got a curiosity question:

I did not get my issue with the CC shutting down intermittently and not charging for hours fixed until about the beginning of November. This is my first year with the off-grid system installed.

I have my panels mounted on my garage in about the only place where there is no shade. At about a 40 degree angle facing mostly East (maybe 10 degrees South).

My max energy storage right now (we are very near the winter solstice), is about 2.2 KWH per day.

My question is: rather than waiting for June equinox to see what my maximum energy storage will be by then, is there a way of sort of swagging what the maximum energy storage would be for then for me given what I am getting now and the general orientation of my panels? I mean is it double? Or @ 150% of that? Any way of estimating?

Thanks in advance.

Link #6 in my signature. Input your lat/long, your system power, your panel orientation and tilt. It will return the kWh/month for each month.

That site also factors in average weather patterns and the impact on solar production for the entered location. Your daily may vary, but your averages should be pretty close.

Link #6 in my signature. Input your lat/long, your system power, your panel orientation and tilt. It will return the kWh/month for each month.

That site also factors in average weather patterns and the impact on solar production for the entered location. Your daily may vary, but your averages should be pretty close.

Wow, that thing is spot on with my max amount for Nov and Dec. Thanks! That helps me a lot in what to expect in June

It's an average, so you might have individual days that go crazy wonky, but when looking average production for those months, you're pretty close. They also give you a typical range of what to expect.

I often visit it and fantasize about what it would look like with a 10kW array on my house... :)

Back