diy solar

diy solar

MaxxFan Beeping when alternator charging

Bribenn

Hi There,

I'm having an interesting "problem". My maxxfan beeps when my alternator charging kicks in. I have the Renogy DC-DC charger with MPPT, so it takes in my solar and my alternator and charges my house batteries. My fan works fine, but I've noticed that if my car is on (and charging my batteries from the alternator), then my fan does a quick beep every like minute. If my car isn't on, the fan doesn't beep. Has anyone encountered this? Or have any idea why this might be, given this kind of vague description?

Thanks!!

Hi There,

I'm having an interesting "problem". My maxxfan beeps when my alternator charging kicks in. I have the Renogy DC-DC charger with MPPT, so it takes in my solar and my alternator and charges my house batteries. My fan works fine, but I've noticed that if my car is on (and charging my batteries from the alternator), then my fan does a quick beep every like minute. If my car isn't on, the fan doesn't beep. Has anyone encountered this? Or have any idea why this might be, given this kind of vague description?

Thanks!!
I would check voltage at the fan see what you're getting there. Sounds like a PCM alarm for low/high voltage. Alternator might be throwing the high voltage alarm from the alternator.

Back