diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo (R10KNA) parallel on-grid installation

Guam671

I currently (used to) have a 5kw Growatt solar system that is on-grid. Few months ago, our place (Guam, USA) was hit with a super typhoon that took all my solar panels to solar heaven. The naughty ones landed in my neighbor’s yard. See image.

The setup I had was, solar panels (5kw) —> Growatt inverter (no DC disconnect) —> disconnect box (required by utility company) —> 50A double pole breaker in my main panel box. Neutral and ground are connected to my main panel as well.

I’ve decided to completely upgrade my system and need some guidance in wire gauge and wire connections.

I purchased 18kw of panels and 2x Megarevo R10KNA, which I want to run 9kw per inverter. I want to be able to run everything in house should the power go out. Connecting panels to inverters I can do. It’s inverters to main panel box I need guidance with.

Questions I have are:
1. Can I connect both inverters together and run one set of wires to my main panel box and still maintain an on-grid setup? I’ve attached the diagram for the Megarevo inverter.

2. I plan on purchasing batteries in the near future. Would I have to rewire everything again for this setup or can simply connect batteries to inverters and change some settings on the inverter?

3. What wire gauge should I use from inverters to main panel and what breaker size should I use?

Ultimate goal is for panels to power my house, charge my batteries, and feed the grid should there be excess. If power goes out, batteries power my house, then grid power takes over as last resort.

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_1900.jpeg

Attachments

• 48V LNA series hybrid inverter user manual V1.2.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Additional info:
-Current wires from inverter to main panel box 50A breaker is 10AWG
-My house is concrete so I would like to utilize the current routing of my wires I have now. Which is about 50-75ft distance from inverter to main panel box.
-Option 2: I have a water heater next to inverter. It’s about 25feet from main panel box. If possible, create a sub-panel where both inverters meet, connect water heater to sub-panel, then use the conduit that was for water heater to connect sub-panel wires to a double pole breaker in main panel box.

I just completed a virtually identical situation.
I had a growatt 12kW with 8kW panels (18-445w Canadian Solar 3S6P) and 60kW (4-15kW lifepo4, 304AHx16 cells, JKBMS) battery storage.
I replaced the single Growatt with a pair of Megarevo R10KLNA units in parallel and revised the panel/string count to 7S4P by adding 10 panels. Still have to clean up the wiring, and working my way through fine tuning the configuration.

What’s the status of your project?

Back