diy solar

diy solar

Metal Roof Mounting

teal95

Solar Enthusiast
Who makes mounts for a metal roof that is NOT standing seam? I used IronRidge for mounts on a shingled roof and have rail (and mounts etc) left over but I don't see anything to mount the rails to the roof. To further complicate things it will need to be a tilt mount as the roof ridge runs N-S.

I used the Signature Solar mini-rails and clips on my R-panel roof. Worked fine for me.

If you need a rib mount this could work :

Or look around the S-5! Website for other stuff.

Self-adhesive bitumen tape solves the problem of how to patch an iron roof faster and more effectively than other materials. It is carefully applied to the surface, removing the protective layer from the adhesive side, and rolled out with a pressure roller to eliminate air bubbles. But as far as I know, this method has too many nuances. You may need the help of a top Indianapolis roof company for you. I think such a question is too complicated and requires a high level of professionalism. Because the quality of the roof is, first and foremost, your potential safety. Also, if there are even small holes in the roof - there is a chance of leaks. This will also ruin your renovation of the house.

Last edited:
Back