diy solar

diy solar

Tile Hook - Rails for Landscape Panels

Solar_Duc

I'm working on my rail and support bracket layout. I have my permit approved using Ironridge standard details for an S-Tile roof. I plan to use the Ironridge tile hook and Ironridge XR100 rails. For the portrait layout panels and the rails running left to right it is pretty straight forward. I have an array of landscape panels that I want to run the rails up/down (parallel to the rafters), is there an attachment method from the tile hook bracket to the rail? The mounting surface is perpendicular to the rail, I don't see anything in the install guides. I see this method for ashpalt shingle supports but they have swiveling mounting point that can mate with the rail.

I'ave attached a PDF of my layout, its a quick draft... I'm looking at the array on the lower right side of the house. I could flip 8 of the 10 panels to portrait and have 1 in landscape as an alternate but would like to keep them as is on the drawing.

Ironridge Tile Hook

I'm guessing you can just use an Slotted L-Foot to change the direction, is that the right attachment? https://www.ironridge.com/mobile-landing/l-foot/

Attachments

• Solar rack layout draft.pdf
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Just thought I'd update in case anyone runs into this scenario in the future, I contacted Ironridge for support. If you want to run your rack in the North-South direction (parallel to the rafters) you cannot use the Ironridge Tile Hook, you need to use the Qbase Universal Tile mount.

Back