diy solar

diy solar

Micro invertors experience

MAC20121

Any recommendation/ guidance on using micro invertors directly.
Presume cost and how about performance.
And how will charge controller work for battery charging?
thanks.

You need to clarify the question, right now it’s a bit like alphabet soup. Microinverters by default will only work for grid tie. Forcing them to do anything else requires some expensive components or investment in closed ecosystem

You need to clarify the question, right now it’s a bit like alphabet soup. Microinverters by default will only work for grid tie. Forcing them to do anything else requires some expensive components or investment in closed ecosystem
Thank you.
I guess I am myself not sure, saw people showing benefits of micro inverters and seems to cost around 150$ to the panel cost. but possibly some saving in string or central invertor. (I do not have any so maybe again confusing)
Bottomline, I have 6 QCell panels (365W each) running dc loads directly. but thinking if get utility connection when my ac unit is not using the solar energy. push power to utility. also possibly add more panels in time (in phases)
My second question was how to charge the batteries if I go to ac (micro invertor)

Incrementally adding one or two panels at a time to a grid tie plan with the utility is a sure way to waste a lot of money. The permits and plans will likely cost $500-1000 per expansion, including the time to update and send them in. A microinverter plus one panel and racking, DIY, should be around $500.

The next step for you should be off grid AIO. Or separate components. Not microinverters/grid tie hardware

Back