diy solar

diy solar

Microinverters for novice...

Externet

Good day.
Is there microinverters that will handle an input of 400+ W at about 40+VDC single panel ?
Is there about 400WDC input microinverters that do not have to be hooked to internet in order to commission/work ?
Is the Enphase IQ7A operable without internet connection ?
A microinverter rated 400W means that is the output AC power, not the DC input ?
Are the watt power rating for DC input usually higher than the AC output power rating ?
Those common inverters for automotive/camper service with 12VDC input are off grid, right ?
Is there automotive/camper small inverters that will handle a ~400W ~40VDC solar panel input and deliver off-grid standalone 120VAC ?
Are microinverters that accept over 12VDC input called string microinverters ?
:unsure:

Good day.
Is there microinverters that will handle an input of 400+ W at about 40+VDC single panel ?
Is there about 400WDC input microinverters that do not have to be hooked to internet in order to commission/work ?
Is the Enphase IQ7A operable without internet connection ?
Yes, Enphase IQ7 operate without internet in order to work. You should match the model with your solar panel specs with regard to voltage and Amps. Enphase has tables for that.
A microinverter rated 400W means that is the output AC power, not the DC input ?
Yes the specs on the tables I mentioned are AC output. For example I have 345 Watt panels but the IQ7 model I matched them with only puts out 299 Watts.
Are the watt power rating for DC input usually higher than the AC output power rating ?
Yes, that would be a waste of inverter capacity to do otherwise. My ratio of DC power is 1.2 to 1. This is called the DC to AC ratio.
Those common inverters for automotive/camper service with 12VDC input are off grid, right ?
Is there automotive/camper small inverters that will handle a ~400W ~40VDC solar panel input and deliver off-grid standalone 120VAC ?
Are microinverters that accept over 12VDC input called string microinverters ?
:unsure:
Most micro inverters are meant to be connected to the grid and are called grid tied for that reason. No inverters are needed for 12 VDC service unless you want 120 volts AC. Then you would want a small string inverter. I am not familiar with the term string microinverter. There are micros that can take input from multiple panels but they still need AC from the grid to operate.

Back