diy solar

diy solar

Microwave seems slow to start

I thought I would update on this thread and at this point feel like I have determined that my issues are nothing to do with the solar/lithium installation. We were boondocking the last two days and due to trees and bad angle did not get a full charge on the batteries. Started the genset to bring them up to full. While doing this decided to try voltage drop test on microwave and espresso machine (I know, why didn't I try this earlier). Outcome of voltage drop was similar (although not quite as much) as when on the inverter. The worse was the espresso machine which during pump pulses dropped to 108v from 122v resting.

One other item I discovered is that the 10Kw Onan is only putting 30 amps at charging the batteries which are at 87 percent. Magnum said that my remote (RC-50) needs updated so that a full Lithium profile is available. Need to study this some more, but interesting observation.

Maybe that's normal for the older Magnum inverters but from my experience over the past 6 years using the 3000w Magnum inverter there is no 120 voltage sag like you're saying while using the inverter, I've looked at it recently while using a 15k A/C unit when the sun was down. Same when the Honda eu2200i was powering the A/C.

Get the ME-ARC 50 and then you can set custom setting for you batteries. I have the Magnum PT100 SCC which is set to follow the exact settings of the inverter/ charger.

With the above scenario I would work my way to the generator checking for a voltage drop of around 10 volts. Output of branch breaker then coach main breaker then output of transfer switch then input of switch.

Back