diy solar

diy solar

Mini split direct off solar

Bush68

G’day all
has anyone installed a split system that runs direct off solar.I have only just come become aware of a couple companies in Australia that supply them.I have spare solar panels not in use that would operate one ok but have no experience with these types of units.
any advise appreciated.

Even if there were such a product it would likely have low quality, hard to warrantee, expensive, and not have all the bells and whistles of a normal one..

It is best to feed your house with solar and just use a standard mini split that is mass produced for the reasons above.

Even if there were such a product it would likely have low quality, hard to warrantee, expensive, and not have all the bells and whistles of a normal one..

It is best to feed your house with solar and just use a standard mini split that is mass produced for the reasons above.
Yes the concerns about quality are mainly the reason for my question about others experience with these units.
i do already have an evaporative ac on the roof and a mini split just recently installed in bedroom all which work perfectly well off my 30 year old stand alone system (never been connected to the grid)
My thoughts about one of these systems is the ease in which in controls itself powering direct from panels(so it’s said) instead of me trying to work a way of operating a split off my battery bank while I’m at work during the day and come home to a slightly cooled or warmed house.

One of the solar supply houses here in the USA has just started advertising them. Apart from the slight difference in getting power into them I cannot imagine there would be any other differences and the quality would be just the same as a conventional mini split.
My concern would be how do they handle the transition between enough power and not enough power to keep them running on a marginal sun day.

Back