diy solar

diy solar

Mixing Lithium Batteries

cjcl

I have a 12V system in my trailer with 2 - 306ah batteries wired in parallel that I built myself. They work great. I was thinking about adding another 300ah battery and again connect in parallel. This battery would be store bought such as a LiTime or something similar. Would this cause any issues with the diy batteries?

I have a 12V system in my trailer with 2 - 306ah batteries wired in parallel that I built myself. They work great. I was thinking about adding another 300ah battery and again connect in parallel. This battery would be store bought such as a LiTime or something similar. Would this cause any issues with the diy batteries?
I've added an additional LiFePO4 battery to my existing system and have not had any problems. How are your current batteries paralleled? If you are using a bus bar to parallel your current batteries then simply charge the new battery to match the SOC of the older batteries and connect the new one to your bus bars. Then update your SCC and your inverter to match the new total AH of your system.
I might be more concerned with the new LiTime than your DIY batteries.

I've added an additional LiFePO4 battery to my existing system and have not had any problems. How are your current batteries paralleled? If you are using a bus bar to parallel your current batteries then simply charge the new battery to match the SOC of the older batteries and connect the new one to your bus bars. Then update your SCC and your inverter to match the new total AH of your system.
I might be more concerned with the new LiTime than your DIY batteries.
Appreciate the info, just kicking around some ideas and wasn't sure if there'd be an issue. I had thought that if they were real close in capacity that it shouldn't be an issue. Thanks again.

Back