diy solar

diy solar

Moved my MPPTs

corn18

Village Idiot
Now that my batteries are moved I have space for moving other bits of kit into their vacated spot. So I moved my MPPTs there and put my solar cutoff switches in a box. Really like this a lot better. The MPPTs were in another part of the basement and hard to get to. This move eliminated about 8 ft of wiring. Me likey. Have some blue 3"x3" channel coming to really clean it up.

Would like to move the Cerbo into this area as well but that will have to wait until Beryl moves out of the area.

DC wiring 290RL install.jpg

Hey @corn18

Nice Clean Install 👍

I went down a rabbit hole recently looking at “I believe” that exact breaker;

Thread 'PV Disconnect for 600W Array ( 60 V @ 10 A )'
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/pv-disconnect-for-600w-array-60-v-10-a.81004/

Video Example (of Moeller Breaker);

IMG_0099.jpeg

Here is the CHTAIXI breaker DZ47Z-63;

IMG_0101.jpeg
IMG_0100.jpeg

“Team Blue” & “Blue Sea” 👍 ,,, If you are using those solar breakers as a “disconnect”, turn all loads off with the MPPT software before throwing them. Might think about upgrading your “disconnects” to the same “ Ferrari “ level as “The Blue Team”.

More Info (Rabbit Holes) for You;

Last edited:
I will upgrade eventually. I am only running a max of 48V @ 20A through each one and haven't had any issues so far. Got other alligators closer to the canoe right now but this will go on the list.

I will upgrade eventually. I am only running a max of 48V @ 20A through each one and haven't had any issues so far. Got other alligators closer to the canoe right now but this will go on the list.

I here ya on the “Alligators”

I have the same MPPTs as You 👍

I just go into settings & stop the charger ( load ) from charging thru the software prior to disconnecting anything ,,, “feel” that is best practice regardless.

Yikes! Not being able to throw a breaker under load seems to entirely defeat the whole purpose of a breaker. Suppose the current is too much, and the breaker needs to break. It's under load!!

Yikes! Not being able to throw a breaker under load seems to entirely defeat the whole purpose of a breaker. Suppose the current is too much, and the breaker needs to break. It's under load!!

Cheap shit breakers
My can do it it have a ark remove for it.
Nothing more than a magnets beult in side so it do not make a ark if you move the switch .
Some do not have that function and burn out.

Here a good dc breaker with short systeem test.

How the ark remove .

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back