diy solar

diy solar

Mpp lv6548 error code 10

DefyTheGrid

Hi guys, I've got a lv6548 inverter and it's giving me an error code 10. I've looked in the manual and it says "voltage degrade". That makes sense because I see the input voltage start at 120v and it slowly drops to around 106v.

I have an extension cord running from the house outlet to the inverter to power it up and charge the batteries. Could this be the problem? And how might I fix something like this?

Hi guys, I've got a lv6548 inverter and it's giving me an error code 10. I've looked in the manual and it says "voltage degrade". That makes sense because I see the input voltage start at 120v and it slowly drops to around 106v.

I have an extension cord running from the house outlet to the inverter to power it up and charge the batteries. Could this be the problem? And how might I fix something like this?

Yes.

Reduce AC charge current value to draw less from the AC input and minimize use of loads during charging.

Solid advice. When I was going through the inverter settings I thought 10a was fine since it's a 15a breaker to the outlet. I guess there's more I need to learn as to why what I did doesn't work

Solid advice. When I was going through the inverter settings I thought 10a was fine since it's a 15a breaker to the outlet. I guess there's more I need to learn as to why what I did doesn't work

10A is output current, i.e., 10A * ~52V = 520W

520W/120V = 4.3A, so you're well under 15A input.

However, if you have any loads connected to the inverter the AC input is passed through to power the loads, so loads + charge = total draw from AC input.

10A is output current, i.e., 10A * ~52V = 520W

520W/120V = 4.3A, so you're well under 15A input.

However, if you have any loads connected to the inverter the AC input is passed through to power the loads, so loads + charge = total draw from AC input.
Yep, my error was the battery charging limit (option 2 or 3 I think) was set by default to 60a. That's a bit more than my outlet could handle...

Back