diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar All in one system

agreed - thought about adding same one I have to my second battery bank and having them combine on 12v bus

FWIW I made a mistake - my Rv battery system is 24v and I have an all in one. The fridge is a dorm-type 120v minifridge and I picked up a small 500 watt pure sine inverter for when all I need is the fridge running....BUT....I purchased a 24v to 12v step down that cant handle 500w. When the fridge kicks in and the LEDs lights are on the ceiling they blink - Close but no cigar ;-)

Are you running the 12v inverter from a 24->12v step down?

yes I am but as mentioned it (the step down) may not have enough power to handle the inverter. Was thinking of buying a second one as I am adding a second 24v bank and having the two step downs feeding a 12volt busbar to remedy the situation.

You want the fridge to run on 12v which makes things much easier. You can turn the inverter off to save the power consumption and still have it charging the batteries. Since your 12v loads would come straight from the battery, the inverter would only need to be on when you needed 1220 err... 120v for something.

The huge benefit to using an AIO is that it's really, really easy to get things installed and running. With an AIO you get the MPPT charger for your panels, an AC charger to plug into a wall outlet, a transfer switch to prioritize between battery and wall power, the inverter to convert the battery power to wall power.

If you wanted to do components you'd need a lot of individual parts, wires, extra pieces, and would most likely cost more than the AIO was.

I did something similar with my solar dolly where I run the AIO off the battery and a bunch of 12v stuff off the same battery. I can turn off the inverter and still have all my 12v stuff and USB stuff without having to eat up battery power.
Is it easy to turn off inverter and still be able to charge the battery via solar?

Hello, just want to know if anyone can help me with an issue? I bought a Megarevo/BlueSun/EG4 inverter. I have 9,000 watts on PV. I set the house to self-consume, but I’m having one issue. I have the SOLARMAN app and when I see the energy that is entering to the batteries charge, for some reason it have a limit of 2.4kw entering the batteries. I have a familiar that have the exact same system and he gets 4.8kw of energy entering to the system. I verified all the settings and are all the same. The only difference that I can see is that he uses a #10 cable for the pv to the inverter and I use a #12 cable. Could that be my issue? Does anyone know about a setting or something that can change this? Here Isend a picture of the system working.

Attachments

• IMG_8376.png
    IMG_8376.png
    736.5 KB · Views: 1
Back