diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar Inverter PIP MAX 11KW Maximum solar input ampage

Digi-mane

Hi Yall, I have a MPP Solar Inverter PIP MAX 11KW and its maximum solar input amps is 18A per string. I was wondering has any one pushed pass this without damaging their inverter? I would like to attach a 24Amp string to the inverter. Couldn't damage be avoided by lowering the battery charge current in the inverter setting? Thoughts?

Thanks team.

The PV Input current is limited to 18A by design, it will not draw from the panels more than the limit even if the panel can provide more, you are just over-panelling by about 30% which is fine.
What is the exact model of this MPP Solar.

The PV Input current is limited to 18A by design, it will not draw from the panels more than the limit even if the panel can provide more, you are just over-panelling by about 30% which is fine.
What is the exact model of this MPP Solar.
Cool, its PIP MAX 11KW 240VAC. I absolutly want to over size my array. You know, for winter and all that. Its just that most solar charge controllers would explode if you put more amps than whats designed for them. I really want to make sure before I accidentally make my expencive inverter release the magic smoke.

Attachments

• PIP MAX 11KW manual.pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 8
I over panels my system too to help production during winter time.
You can split the panels to place them in more than one direction so it can collect power though out the day.
The max PV input Voltage is the one you need to be sure not to exceed, the PV Voltage goes up when it is cold so I would keep the Voc at 80% of the max PV input Voltage.

I over panels my system too to help production during winter time.
You can split the panels to place them in more than one direction so it can collect power though out the day.
The max PV input Voltage is the one you need to be sure not to exceed, the PV Voltage goes up when it is cold so I would keep the Voc at 80% of the max PV input Voltage.
Thanks for the info about VOC during winter I'll keep that in mind. I currently have a E-W array. But I want to add a North facing array that has a 45 deg tilt for that winter time. So I will end up with a E-N-W system. Good to know that I dont need to add another inverter just for more panels. The standy energy usage for my current inverter is huge 2kwh per night!

Back