diy solar

diy solar

Inverter upgrade from MPP solar 11kw

ns31

Hi all! I installed an 11kw Off grid system using an MPP solar 11kw Max inverter and 24x JA Solar 405w panels (in 2x strings of 12), it was a nice starting point and works well, only I would now like to build upon what I've learned and start to improve the quality a little.

I'd like to replace this inverter with something that's better quality, maybe in the region of 8-10kw, and am happy with a hybrid inverter or off grid. Would anybody have recommendations of a good quality inverter that's fairly cost effective? I'd like it to be compatible with Pylontech Us5000 batteries also if possible as I have two of these.

I'm happy with Solis, but not sure what models are available for the size of system you are considering.

Others on here seem to highly recommend Sunsynk / Deye - they can also be paralleled to create larger systems / redundancy / more MPPT strings if you need that now or in the future.

I'm happy with Solis, but not sure what models are available for the size of system you are considering.

Others on here seem to highly recommend Sunsynk / Deye - they can also be paralleled to create larger systems / redundancy / more MPPT strings if you need that now or in the future.
Annoyingly the Solis Hybrid inverter is 6kw max it seems, they look like decent inverters otherwise

Beware some Solax are HV battery only - did you check out sunsynks?

see this thread...

I went with the SolaX 7.5kW G4 Hybrid Inverter in the end, will probably get two of them longer term. Going to switch to their HV battery system which looks amazing (it can go outdoors so no fires for me!), and they're releasing as new S36 battery next month so I'll go with that one. Very impressed with how much easier it is to install compared to all the cables, fuses and busbars etc I had to spend on originally

Back