diy solar

diy solar

MPP Solar LV6548 APP

I realize this may be obvious to everyone else. Regardless, where can I find the PN number that the app requires for registration?
it is the name of the wifi network being broadcast by the inverter, name starts with Qxxxc or Wxxxx, had to email my supplier to get that info ;)

it is the name of the wifi network being broadcast by the inverter, name starts with Qxxxc or Wxxxx, had to email my supplier to get that info ;)
See appendix III of the manual.

Attachments

• LV6548 split phase manual-20210416.pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 37
The LV6548 has a built in wifi transmitter.

Bearing same enclosure design as the MAX series, the LV6548 also inherits many of the same characteristics from MAX, including:

• high PV input 250V (Voc)
  • batteryless operation (single unit mode only)
  • parallel up to 6 units
  • built-in WIFI transmitter
  • built-in parallel kits
  • Dual PV input
  • BMS support (Pylontech, Weco, Soltaro)*
  • Timer output & charging control
I went to the Max series website from the link you gave me. Very interesting. But I don't see anywhere on their site the cost of these units. Where did you go to find the prices? - I have a friend that is looking at getting an MPPT but just started to look.

There are fake Chinese knockoffs of the MPP. Be sure to buy from MPP directly or through one of their distributors like Ian at Watts247. Check your serial number with MPP to be sure.
i have a genuine voltronic axpert, so no worries there..
after a few days taking apart the packing carton i came across it, must have not be atheared well during production

i have a genuine voltronic axpert, so no worries there..
after a few days taking apart the packing carton i came across it, must have not be atheared well during production
besides i live in europe, so will never order at watts24.
owned mpi 10k's before, but had to leave them when i sold old house

I dont think the LV2424 comes with an integrated Wifi module. I would contact PIP MPP and ask them if there is an option for it. If not, you may have to use the Raspberry Pi route, and download Jblance's code from Github, and connect via cables.
Is this "Jblance's code" a linux app or is it written for the pi specifically for interface with MPP2424?

Is this "Jblance's code" a linux app or is it written for the pi specifically for interface with MPP2424?
Its linux code mixed with Python and found on Github. PIP MPP specific, but I believe he also has some code for the JK BMS. I have not tested it yet, but if you lookup DMI inc on youtube, he shows it running on his multiple raspberry pi's on the LV6548.

Its linux code mixed with Python and found on Github. PIP MPP specific, but I believe he also has some code for the JK BMS. I have not tested it yet, but if you lookup DMI inc on youtube, he shows it running on his multiple raspberry pi's on the LV6548.
Watchpower says it runs on Linux. Do people use it on pi?

The App is "WatchPower".
I have no idea what I did to make it finally work, but it does now and this is the first time I've had the chance to see it working.

No pretty graphs, just a lot of text data.

You do get a basic topography image, and you can adjust the settings, and verify on the other one the settings took.

View attachment 41391View attachment 41390

View attachment 41381View attachment 41382View attachment 41383View attachment 41384View attachment 41385View attachment 41386View attachment 41387View attachment 41388
I'm seeing remarks in different places that say connect to your mpp device using Bluetooth or use the Android app to connect via Bluetooth,.... Bluetooth, Bluetooth! ...but no place that says if my lv2424 has built-in Bluetooth and if it does, why aren't there settings to turn it on/off and if not, then what module must you add to get Bluetooth. I see a wifi module to add on, but no Bluetooth. And for those people that claim to have connected via Bluetooth, how they did it.

I'm seeing remarks in different places that say connect to your mpp device using Bluetooth or use the Android app to connect via Bluetooth,.... Bluetooth, Bluetooth! ...but no place that says if my lv2424 has built-in Bluetooth and if it does, why aren't there settings to turn it on/off and if not, then what module must you add to get Bluetooth. I see a wifi module to add on, but no Bluetooth. And for those people that claim to have connected via Bluetooth, how they did it.
LV2424 is USB and RS232 only. No bluetooth. I believe you can buy an optional wifi module. Use USB to connect to a PC running the watchpower app.
The LV6548's have built in wifi.

You may be mixing up the bluetooth connectivity to the BMS, which JK and Heltec have.

LV2424 is USB and RS232 only. No bluetooth. I believe you can buy an optional wifi module. Use USB to connect to a PC running the watchpower app.
The LV6548's have built in wifi.

You may be mixing up the bluetooth connectivity to the BMS, which JK and Heltec have.
Opera Snapshot_2021-07-03_162032_www.mppsolar.com.png
Ive been confused about a lot of things before..... This is just one example from the MPP Solar website.... Bluetooth?

Yeah, me too. The manual sucks. But when in doubt, read the manual for your particular device. My LV6548's do not have bluetooth, only wifi, but the heltec BMS i use only has bluetooth, as well as thr Victron shunt. Each has its own interface. That is one reason many folks choose to go all in on one vendor, and dispense with the DIY effort. Its simpler, but more expensive.

I like learning new things, so it does not bother me, in fact, tinkering makes it enjoyable. Discovering which fiddly bits makes each device go is time well spent.

This is on the MPP solar website under wifi module, I hope it makes sense, This Wifi Module enables users to perform real-time monitoring of inverter data right on your cell phone. Inverter data is sent from the WIFI module to cloud server for processing (internet connection from a router is needed) and parsed data is then relayed to the APP for display. Available on both Google Store (Android) and Apple Store (iPhone), the WatchPower APP (SolarPower for Hybrid inverters) is a powerful software that not only displays data, but also allows users to modify inverter parameters. Small and easy-to-set up, the Wifi Module takes roughly 5-10 minutes to prepare and you will be able to monitor and even change the settings on your inverter from anywhere in the world.

How much more clear can I say it.

WATCHTOWER SUCKS. DO NOT USE IT.
The Bluetooth app sucks DO NOT USE IT.
The RS232 app sucks DO NOT USE IT.
The ethernet app sucks DO NOT USE IT.
The wifi app and wifi module sucks. DO NOT USE IT.

Use SolarAssistant.io

Back