diy solar

diy solar

MPP-Solar WatchPower firmware update menu missing?

vincei

Does anyone know how to get the update firmware menu to show in WatchPower? According to the manual the option should appear after right clicking on the icon in the tray. I get no such firmware upload menu. This is with the version from the mpp-solar website which is identical to the version the vendor sent me and different to the version on the CD that would not see the inverter. Yes, I have logged in to WatchPower as Administrator. I have tried this on two Windows 7 and one Windows 10 machine with the same result.

noupdatebutton.png

According to the Manual this is what should be in that menu:

manual-lies.png

Any help greatly appreciated.

-Vince

To answer my own question. After reflashing the firmware with a different program that the manufacturer sent me the problem still remains. I've kind had it with the incorrect and misleading documentation, the crappy software and the almost secrecy surrounding these inverters. The vendor has been a champ and offered to send a 3rd unit that has been tested to work but I AM DONE. This unit is going back. Buying something else.

What was up with the first 2, and who did you get them through?
Same problem detailed in another thread here; fault 88. The only way to clear it is to provide external AC and PV input and then power cycle the thing several times. I got the unit from the US vendor on eBay - the guy in the US is beyond reproach, he has helped try to resolve this over and beyond the call of duty.

Back