diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus 2x120 - 50amp shore

Gould

Hi everyone, May in western Canada means getting the RV ready to roll. I’ve had my system up and running for two years now and after a few mishaps, it’s been rock solid.

It’s amazing what you forget during our 6 months of hibernation. Assuming that the cabling running from shore to the multiplus is adequate to handle the amperage, I don’t recall if the 30amp version of the multiplus is at least capable of passing 50 amp shore power to the RV.

Thoughts appreciated.

Assuming you're asking about the Multiplus II 2x120 by the title. That model supports both L1 & L2 in a 50 amp shore service, which allows you to supply 50 amp power to both sides (100 amp total) of the breaker panel in a 50 amp RV. You can also connect to 30 amp shore power (only L1) and it will supply 30 amp power total across both sides of the breaker panel.

There are other Multiplus models that only support a single hot coming in and going out, which would limit you to only supplying power to one side of the breaker panel.

It’s amazing what you forget during our 6 months of hibernation. Assuming that the cabling running from shore to the multiplus is adequate to handle the amperage, I don’t recall if the 30amp version of the multiplus is at least capable of passing 50 amp shore power to the RV.

Hmm, that's a good question. If you look at the datasheet linked below, it doesn't explicitly say how many amps the AC in is rated for. It does however specify that the transfer switch is rated to 50 amps. This is for the regular Multiplus, not the Multiplus II.

Is there a question in there somewhere?

Title referred to 2x120, and then you mentioned 30a. Why?

Back