diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus II, what happens if max power is exceeded

Rasmusm88

Hi all :)

New to all of this, so sorry for my dumb question..
I plan to install a multiplus II 48/5000 gx in a insolated shed behind my Solar array 20 x 310w, 60m from where my electricity comes into the house.
I figured 4x10mm2 cable to and from the shed.
Also I have 22kwh battery bank.

But what happens if my power usage in the house exceeds the limit of the inverter @ 4000w, I think it can do 5200w for 30min tho.
Will it just flip back and get the required power from grid?

Also what will happen if I turn on say my 3phase stove, the inverter can't do 3phase unless I order 3 inverters but $$$. Is it possible to make it go back to grid and bypass inverter in this case ? Or will I have to order a single phase stove, my oven is already single phase so no problem there.

Sorry some of the questions might be obvious, but not for me, I'm trying to learn :) hope it's alright

Have a nice day,
From Rasmus

Hi sorry, I'm from Denmark 230v is normal. No there has to be 3 in parallel to support 3-phase. But only interested in one at the moment :)

Hi sorry, I'm from Denmark 230v is normal. No there has to be 3 in parallel to support 3-phase. But only interested in one at the moment :)
What is your stove expecting?
How many hot wires?
Is there a neutral?
I guess it will have a ground(earth) wire, confirm?

Yes neutral and ground in total 5 wires, 3 hot I guess without me being an expert :)

My own solution would be to wire it, so that 3phase still comes from grid to the groups that needs it, and supply from inverter to the rest, but then I won't be 100% off grid not that it matters anyway

Back