diy solar

diy solar

MUST inverter + Pylontech battery. CAN bus communication.

Yukko

I've got several pv18-5048 vhm MUST inverters with Pylontech batteries attached.

I have asked MUST support questions regarding MUST inverter and Pylontech battery communication over CAN bus.

After that I've asked Pylontech about the same. Both Support teams replied their products are compatible and communication tested one with another over CAN bus.

At the same moment MUST support said that not all inverters they have sold can successfully establish the communication even they have all needed settings in the menu. MUST support has asked me for a serial number of the inverter and using the serial number said my one does not support. They did not offer me to upgrade the software (and actually I do not want to perform an upgrade).

For those inverters which support setting [14] Battery type should be set to Li and setting [41] Battery protocol, which cannot be found in the paper version of the manual, but is found in the online version should be set to 08 (Pylontech protocol).

If the inverter's software supports that protocol, then it will show SOC on a battery status screen of the inverter.

Wiring is exactly like it is written in the manuals of the Inverter and the battery. You can measure resistance on CAN bus wires with a multimeter.

There is also a picture for MUST inverter which protocols should be set if you have the battery of other brand. See below the screenshot where you can also find other battery communication protocols supported by MUST inverters like batteries by Dyness, HRESYS, Lakepower, Maxli, Ultracell, luxpower.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-06-18 at 08.25.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-06-18 at 08.25.41.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back