diy solar

diy solar

My 60AH LifeP04 Choice - Amped Outdoors

adapotato

I tried to go with the 60 AH Fortune cells from SLC to Ohio, but shipping was quoted at $90, so $84 X 4 + $90 = $426.
I thought I could get a better deal direct from the manufacturer in China, quoted $41.57 X 4. Shipping order too small for sea transport so air shipping and FedEx delivery quoted at $244.28 ($41.57 X 4 + 244.57 = $410.85. (both sources without BMS)

Ordered "Amped Outdoors" 60AH at $359.99 - 10% coupon code = $324 delivered (with BMS, but no low temp. cutoff)
(10% off code easily found with search engine of choice)

I think I did pretty well, agree?

I tried to go with the 60 AH Fortune cells from SLC to Ohio, but shipping was quoted at $90, so $84 X 4 + $90 = $426.
I thought I could get a better deal direct from the manufacturer in China, quoted $41.57 X 4. Shipping order too small for sea transport so air shipping and FedEx delivery quoted at $244.28 ($41.57 X 4 + 244.57 = $410.85. (both sources without BMS)

Ordered "Amped Outdoors" 60AH at $359.99 - 10% coupon code = $324 delivered (with BMS, but no low temp. cutoff)
(10% off code easily found with search engine of choice)

I think I did pretty well, agree?

Sounds like you saved some money. Never heard of "amped outdoors" is this an ebay/amazon seller? or alibaba/aliexpress? Same cells Fortune cells?

Amped Outdoors is based out of Wisconsin, I believe. I ordered my battery on Wed. evening, arrived following Monday (today, 8-17-20).
I'm reading of satisfied customers in this forum.
(They also have a 100AH LifePO4 battery and with the 10% limited time discount code "RXAngler" the price is approx. $630 shipped.)
**How does Amped Outdoors ship free on a battery, but the Fortune cells out of Salt Lake City are $90 shipping?**

I had wanted the (60AH) Fortune cells that Will highly recommends, but didn't realize that shipping was so high,
either from the USA supplier in Salt Lake City, or the manufacturer of the Fortune cells in China, so I chose Amped Outdoors.

I’ve bought from Matt at Amped outdoors (formerly Energized outdoors) and have nothing but good to say about his smaller company. I bought a 12v 55ah drop in last summer that tested out at 59ah.?
Runs my 50 lb thrust minnkota all day.
He has zero problems with warranty’s and is easy to deal with. Stands behind his goodies. US based in Wis.
and been at this for years. Very Popular with the ice fishing crowd powering all their electronics.

Amped Outdoors is based out of Wisconsin, I believe. I ordered my battery on Wed. evening, arrived following Monday (today, 8-17-20).
I'm reading of satisfied customers in this forum.
(They also have a 100AH LifePO4 battery and with the 10% limited time discount code "RXAngler" the price is approx. $630 shipped.)
**How does Amped Outdoors ship free on a battery, but the Fortune cells out of Salt Lake City are $90 shipping?**

I had wanted the (60AH) Fortune cells that Will highly recommends, but didn't realize that shipping was so high,
either from the USA supplier in Salt Lake City, or the manufacturer of the Fortune cells in China, so I chose Amped Outdoors.

Good question, $349 shipped for 60Ah from a US supplier is a good deal. Possibly there are different regulations and fees shipping a finished battery versus raw cells. IDK.

I went with the Amped Outdoors 30Ah for my jump starter retrofit and couldn't be happier so far. @MrNatural22's feedback about his experience with the product, company, and Matt helped make up my mind.

@adapotato, the price for that 60Ah with the discount is great (thanks for sharing the code). The only problem I see is that now I'm trying to figure out a project to use one on. :)

Back