diy solar

diy solar

My bomb battery....

Details please ..... Don't try to take that on an airplane ...LOL

Nice! but was 55-110A enough for jumping really? What gauge wire did you use?

Really line them up to get that maximum impact
1645178679211.png

Last edited:
Sjeez, John McClane would be jealous to that one...

Are you planning on a Die-Hard 2022 remake?

But no BMS? For jumpstarting I get it (if those cells are capable of providing sufficient power)
But a. many of those are 'only' 2C, thus like 110A max or so? (And jumpstarting requires more)
and b. for the other purposes you really want a BMS imho or you will eventually discharge the cells way too low.

Nice! but was 55-110A enough for jumping really? What gauge wire did you use?

Really line them up to get that maximum impact
Yes they are 55ah.....SAB 60280 cells that batter hookup sold for a while but can still be found on ebay.

Most cars just need more voltage to get the starter running and these are rated at 165 amp max but there isn't a reading for peak amps. Will use to help jump start my backhoe in the spring and will see if it works on something that large.

The bomb look was by mistake but I like it.....

Wire is 2 awg.

Last edited:
Yes they are 55ah.....SAB 60280 cells that batter hookup sold for a while but can still be found on ebay.

Most cars just need more voltage to get the starter running and these are rated at 165 amp max but there isn't a reading for peak amps. Will use to help jump start my backhoe in the spring and will see if it works on something that large.

The bomb look was by mistake but I like it.....
I used the 25ah Navitas cells from BH in a 4s configuration to jump my V8 4Runner below freezing, the car pulls over 500a on initial contact. I don't think that's great for the cells though, but to be fair, I still use that pack and they perform fine.

If you'd like to trade, we could definitely meet at a local airport. ?Screenshot_20220218-070332_Photos.jpg

If the 4 banger doesn't work I got 4 of these packs that are 4p5s at 16 volts...

I built it this way to power my 90's high school Mustang with a 351 that my son and I are redoing....

I put the 4 large packs in series with my hybrid inverter to backup power the house at 68 volts 220ah 15kwh.... That is in parallel with a 280ah pack and 50ah battleborns....for total 550ah and 35kwh...IMG_20220217_181750.jpg

Back