diy solar

diy solar

My first endurance test of my system

hagensieker

Solar Enthusiast
I have 2 Battelborn batteries wired in parallel and run a few items off of the system, most notably a TV and a 12v portable refrigerator (Alpicool C20).

We had a stretch of almost no sunshine for 3 days and I was still around 68% SOC going into last night.

Weatherman said we were going to get a massive winter storm here in Eastern NC with pockets of snow 10" deep in some places. Sounded like "car hits utility pole weather" to me so I busted out my PD9130LV charger and charged the Battleborns up to full capacity just in case there was a power outage.

Now that the sun has come up on Eastern NC I probably should have just let the endurance test run. We got a whopping 1/4" of snow which is already almost gone.

I probably played it straight though. I'd be singing a different tune this morning if the power had went out.

Probably have to wait a while for the next opportunity at extended periods of total cloud cover.

I have an AlpiCool C20 running since Dec 2018 off 2 Interstate 6v batteries- great frige, keeps frozen if needed in 110-120F weather. Uses 1a constant and 4-4.5 when the compressor runs. Your Battleborns should laugh at it for days. Rest of the stuff, eh. Enjoy your test.

I have 2 Battelborn batteries wired in parallel and run a few items off of the system, most notably a TV and a 12v portable refrigerator (Alpicool C20).

We had a stretch of almost no sunshine for 3 days and I was still around 68% SOC going into last night.

Weatherman said we were going to get a massive winter storm here in Eastern NC with pockets of snow 10" deep in some places. Sounded like "car hits utility pole weather" to me so I busted out my PD9130LV charger and charged the Battleborns up to full capacity just in case there was a power outage.

Now that the sun has come up on Eastern NC I probably should have just let the endurance test run. We got a whopping 1/4" of snow which is already almost gone.

I probably played it straight though. I'd be singing a different tune this morning if the power had went out.

Probably have to wait a while for the next opportunity at extended periods of total cloud cover.

Hi, I have two similar Australian 100Ah lithium batteries wired in parallel, each battery has its own bms, and Bluetooth connectivity. Volts are within 0 and .02 of a volt difference, however when running inverter for chargers, as well as 12v ancillaries, the states of charge differ greatly. Ie, one battery dropped to 75%, while the other remained at 100%. This is hurting my head as I though linking them in parallel would give me 200 amp capacity......and I assumed both would deplete at same rate? do You notice this with your se up? How can I test amp draw across both batteris?

Hi, I have two similar Australian 100Ah lithium batteries wired in parallel, each battery has its own bms, and Bluetooth connectivity. Volts are within 0 and .02 of a volt difference, however when running inverter for chargers, as well as 12v ancillaries, the states of charge differ greatly. Ie, one battery dropped to 75%, while the other remained at 100%. This is hurting my head as I though linking them in parallel would give me 200 amp capacity......and I assumed both would deplete at same rate? do You notice this with your se up? How can I test amp draw across both batteris?
The answer may be right here: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Wiring-Unlimited-EN.pdf
Parelleling can be done in differing ways, some better than others.

Back