diy solar

diy solar

My first solar setup, would like some input please

Willnaz

Hello everyone, brand new to this site I’ve been looking at solar for about 4 years now I’m days away from ordering my equipment.

1 ea. Sol-Ark 15.
36 ea. 455 watt panels from SS.
2 ea. 14.3 batteries from SS new product just came out.

At first I was thinking about the 18K from SS especially a good match with the batteries, but since the 18K is a very new item and there have been a few minor issues and a few issues with tech support from SS, I decided on the Sol-Ark I just need that peace of mind on a proven track record and tech support being I’m a first time installer and spending for me some major cash.

Any of your own suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated greatly, especially on the new 14.3 battery storage from SS and if you have one please give your review on it, thanks everyone.

And I plan on expanding my setup later down the road possibly one more 15 inverter and one 14.3 battery, but for right now I’m at my max budget.

If this will be a code compliant/permitted/inspected install you will most likely need a UL9540 listed system, the PowerPro battery does not yet have this listing. and listing has only be promised, any day now with the 18kpv, and no discussion on if this listing will even be there for the sol-ark 15k in combination with the PowerPro. Exact requirements will depend on code requirements in your locality.

Do not forget mounts for your panels, rapid shutdown if roof mounting panels, and wiring and disconnects as required.

If this will be a code compliant/permitted/inspected install you will most likely need a UL9540 listed system, the PowerPro battery does not yet have this listing. and listing has only be promised, any day now with the 18kpv, and no discussion on if this listing will even be there for the sol-ark 15k in combination with the PowerPro. Exact requirements will depend on code requirements in your locality.

Do not forget mounts for your panels, rapid shutdown if roof mounting panels, and wiring and disconnects as required.
Just a heads up, we should get info on the PowerPro batteries soon. I have some on order and the status at SS has changed to shipped.
No confirmation email yet just visible through my account page.

Just a heads up, we should get info on the PowerPro batteries soon. I have some on order and the status at SS has changed to shipped.
No confirmation email yet just visible through my account page.
Thanks for the reply, please keep us informed if possible.

Thank you for the info, really appreciate it.

Back