diy solar

diy solar

My new 3kw 25v 60a off grid system only worked for 1 day

Tank

Hi, I have recently bought a 3.5kw 24v 60a ecco inverter, I installed it around 3pm in the evening with 2 550watts solar panels in series and 2 12.8v 100AH lithium batteries in series also, the batteries had power as they were new, and the was working with the batteries, then after 5 min i switched on the solar panels to charge and the system responded perfectly, the following morning light were off and TV was off too with the inverter warning on screen code 6P.

Seems like only 1 battery is charging as I left the panels to power the batteries but only 1 battery is with power the other is fully discharged.

Your new batteries were probably not charged, and batteries don’t work well in series without some kind of equalizer or inter-battery balancer.

Those specs on that inverter don’t make sense, your batteries are only going to supply about 100A (2400W).

Can you start over with specs on the various components and how they are wired? Pictures would be very helpful.

Looks like one of your batteries BMS disconnected to protect itself from undercharge.

diy solar

diy solar
Back