diy solar

diy solar

Narada 48npfc100 closed loop to Sol-Ark 15k

hpeyerl

I'm still in the "read and learn" phase of my build. I've also met with my power company to discuss reconfiguring my pole and so forth. Planning some trenching. Applying for gov't grants. etc.

I've managed to acquire a handful of Narada 48npfc100 batteries previously from telecom use so I can't look a gift horse in the mouth and thus have been looking this gift horse in the mouth. Internally, the batteries use a TianPower ND-1613B BMS. I've managed to connect the rs485 and read all parameters from the BMS using Linux and a modbus library. All of the modbus registers match the documentation I received from the batteries. So that's good news.

EG4 says they don't/won't support these batteries.

Sol-Ark doesn't appear to support them either.

Solar-Assistant pays lip-service to them but I haven't bought SA and tried it yet. Plus, I'm not sure what value I would derive from SA with these batteries.

I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to stick a computer between the batteries and inverter and translate the register accesses to a battery that is supported but what I don't know is if there's any value in doing that, vs. just running them open-loop.

I'm assuming Solar-Assistant doesn't currently do anything like that and that it's only really for monitoring?

So, should I just run them open-loop or should I try to jump through hoops and make a translator for these batteries?

Attachments

• PXL_20230828_211833737.jpg
    PXL_20230828_211833737.jpg
    937.9 KB · Views: 12
Back