diy solar

diy solar

need a good low voltage cut off for my LFP battery

From reading my Samlex manual, I'm lead to believe switching the inverter off causes different reactions inside the inverter than disconnecting the battery. But my design will switch the 120 volt devices off before disconnecting the battery.

How is your design set up to do that @Zil? Sounds good!

A simple fix would be to run the inverter output through a relay off the LVD as well (or run a separate LVD and relay with a slightly higher cutoff voltage so that the load cuts first). Bit of a pain if you're running things through multiple inverter outlets though, and would mean fiddling with 120v or 240v wiring which is always a bit more risky. And another relay = more relay current draw.

I switch the inverter 'on' only for microwave. I don't want to break 150 amp dc going into the inverter while the microwave is on. I have no problem using a 12v triggered 120v contact relay. N/O it trips the 120v off when the battery drops to my selected voltage. Bingo, microwave off. Then a volt lower the LVD opens and battery drain is ended. It gets a little bit more complicated but I can't give up all my secrets.

Back