diy solar

diy solar

Need Advice from the Caribbean

Hi DIYrich - looking for some advice as I am back on the island and just received the EG4 18KPV today. I tested the two sets of strings that come out of the wall; one set connected to the Ginslong tested at 394Volts DC and the other set of strings connected the the EA Sun tested at 64Volts DC. I also noticed on the Ginslong that it is "generating" 2200 Watts on the SUNNIEST / HOTTEST day.

My plan was when it is dark tonight to install the attached breaker 20A; cut the lines for the 394 Volts and insert into breaker then hook up the PV lines to the Eg4 18KPV; it says the right side is positive of the breaker and the left side is negative; saw this in the cut sheet.

As far as the 64 volt set of string positive and negative; I wasn't going to use this at all? Why do you think the big difference.

Also I was testing the AMPS from the EA Sun from the PV hook up and it gave a spark and reset the inverter nothing else happened I was using the attached setting on the Mulitmeter. I don't want to mess with the Multimeter at amps.

For the voltage testing I used the Fluke T5-600; which was rather easy set to AC/DC.

Can I cut these lines during the day for the PV or should I wait for complete darkness to plug into the NEW breaker that I sent a picture of.

The setting I used at the mulitmeter is attached to; it also took the tip off the red probe. Maybe I used the wrong setting to test the amps?

My electrician is coming tomorrow to clean up this mess and do the grid work;

Attachments

• IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 0
Here is the breaker I would like to install to the 394 Volts;

I am assuming I can not connect the 394 and 64 volts strings together to the 20A breaker.

Also which port should I connect the PV wires 2 or 4; on the EG4 18KPV

Attachments

• IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 0
Back