diy solar

diy solar

Need help debugging a charging issue using a Multiplus and shore power

1. you're always going to have some. Nothing is perfect. Smaller is better. .02 is luscious.

2. You have to program the BMV with:

Your battery capacity - 412Ah
Your charged voltage - See victron's guidance for this - different for shore and solar
Peukert exponent - typically 1.05 or less for LFP
Tail current - typically 5% for LFP
Charge efficiency - 95-99%

Once you have the settings above, either it will reset on its own, or you will need to tweak it according to what's actually happening with the charger.

1. you're always going to have some. Nothing is perfect. Smaller is better. .02 is luscious.

2. You have to program the BMV with:

Your battery capacity - 412Ah
Your charged voltage - See victron's guidance for this - different for shore and solar
Peukert exponent - typically 1.05 or less for LFP
Tail current - typically 5% for LFP
Charge efficiency - 95-99%

Once you have the settings above, either it will reset on its own, or you will need to tweak it according to what's actually happening with the charger.

I like a luscious electrical system :)

Did you mean 206Ah for the battery capacity since the batteries are in series?
I'll look into the other settings. Though I think you suggested 7% for the tail current earlier in this thread (yes, post #13).

Thanks

I like a luscious electrical system :)

Don't we all.

Did you mean 206Ah for the battery capacity since the batteries are in series?

Sure did.

I'll look into the other settings. Though I think you suggested 7% for the tail current earlier in this thread (yes, post #13).

Sorry. That was almost 3 weeks ago. ;)

If you can see what is happening with the Multiplus when it terminates charging, you can tweak your BMV to approximate it.

At the time, I forgot about the difference between solar and AC charging (solar is more variable). As long as you're just using the inverter/charger, you might want to set it according to the video.

As long as you're just using the inverter/charger, you might want to set it according to the video.

At the moment I am only charging via the inverter/charger but sometime in May I should get my solar panels mounted and start charging with the MPPT SCC.

Back