diy solar

diy solar

Need help with setting up a DIY system with old Yeti 3000 NMC battery- Charge controller settings?

Sawyer808

Can someone please help me interpret, from this battery label, how to set the charging specs? It came out of a Goal Zero Yeti 3000. The chemistry is LI-ion NMC, beyond that I don't know much and wast able to find any stat searching the web. See photos for full info battery and info from yeti. I bought a Victron 100/30 amp charge controller assuming it would work and then found out it's not made for NMC battery types. I was told it was dangerous and to stop using it immediately. This seems a bit silly given you can edit the charge controller to fit what you want. I also found some other charge controllers that specifically say they are for NMC battery. So, I may return this and get another one. I was ideally looking for one that would also intuit the power drain automatically every night form the one battery to the other. Either way, Id just like to know what the absorption voltage and float voltage should be set at based off this battery. I am confused by the label saying 10.95 volts, but the yeti sticker saying it can handle 14-22v under the charging stats. I just don't wanna cause a fire or something like that. Also, any other info anyone cares to share.

Back story:
I was using 2 yeti 3000 for my off grid cabin and all was good till I ruined one of them by essentially pushing power form my generator into the 120v receptacle on accident. I have no abilities to fix it, but the battery is still good. So, I'm just wanting to use it as an external battery expiation, charging it with solar and then I can plug unit into the main yeti at night to keep the charge up.

Side note- I have a non working Yeti 3000 if anyone is interested for parts.

tempImageXHPZJt.png
tempImagerQlDrt.png
tempImagezqTNK9.pngtempImageeAvNRd.png

hey, I’m working on a 3000x with a bad front control board I found a 3000 eu spec board on eBay I’m trying to wire it with the new board but the plug-in terminals are different I got it working except doesn’t display input voltage and Wi-Fi. Do you have any more pictures of the inside of your 3000? It might help me figure out how to McGiver this thing back to life

hey, I’m working on a 3000x with a bad front control board I found a 3000 eu spec board on eBay I’m trying to wire it with the new board but the plug-in terminals are different I got it working except doesn’t display input voltage and Wi-Fi. Do you have any more pictures of the inside of your 3000? It might help me figure out how to McGiver this thing back to life
Sorry, just seeing this. Are you still working on this? Anyluck? I can try to find some old photos if you still need them.

Do you still have the control panel or pcbs? I never could get the eu spec board to work properly,

Back